• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

outstanding book??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to everybody!

I would like to have a coulple suggestions as the title of the 3d indicates on an outstanding source of information's book on valve amplifiers.
I'm almoust done of reading the wonderfu Jones Morgan...and i'm looking for the next good one to take in care of .

I hope you guys can give me very good advices on it...

i'm looing for a text that considers valve power supply and that could add , if possible, some deepth to the morgan's book but using the same clear form of writing!
Is there any other morgan's book that cn fits this nees?

Thank you guys in advance for all your efforts.

Best Wishes,
Stefano.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I recommend the Radiotron Designer's Handbook (RDH4) which I think Giaime (prolific poster here) has made available in its entirety on his website.

I have an original hardcover and have found it indispensable over the years. It's not quite as easy a read as Morgan Jones, but it covers a lot of material and explains it well.

Tu*be or Not Tu*be was a classic, a great resource for me 30 years ago, but it's badly dated. The focus is almost entirely on step by step mods of Dynaco gear to circuits which are obsolete these days. As a historical document, it's fascinating- Ike Eisenson was one of the first people to use CCS in audio, and it's amusing to see the what-goes-around-comes-around nature of parts recommendations and audiophile fashion.

As a learning document, it's not the best these days.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I might also recommend Morgan's "Building Valve Amplifiers" if you don't already have that. Lots of good amp building information and technique.

Another one you might want to consider is "Beginner's Guide to Tube Audio Design" by Bruce Rozenblit. I have it and have found it interesting.

thanks a lot guys.....

i've just downloaded the radiot from gaime's website and i'm choosing the intersting parts to use as a complement with the morgan to get a better handle of the concepts exposed on the Morgan's book.
Moreover, i'm going to buy the other morgan "Building valve amplifiers", which i think it's a practical user's guide where to fing good informations for builders!

Anyways i will continue to check this post with the hope of receiving other good advice from you guys.

Best regards,
Stefano.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.