• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

DC Tube Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Synchronicity- as I've been back and forth to my bench on a coupling issue in my new phono stage, Bembel sent me some scans of an old French article on DC coupling methods.

DC Amplifiers

The French is not too imposing, but Bembel or other francophones can help us slow folks through the rough spots. The schematics and equations are self-explanatory.

In any case, the ideas are basic and interesting. There's no capacitor as good as a nice, clean piece of wire, but we also have to think through the dynamics of coupling issues and whether or not we just substitute one problem for another.

Hugo,

I'll try to take some pictures during this week, then send then to you to be acrobated, what mail size fits better to you ?

This article comes from a collection of "Radio plans" & "le haut parleur" that I bought to a friend at a flea market. these are famous french electronic magazines from the 30's to 80's.

I'll try to scan in groups interresting articles (but there's a lot dedicated to radio receivers, not very interesting here).

wa2ise said:
Fig 12 looks a lot like an SRPP circuit, except the output is connected to the bottom plate and not the top cathode. And I'm not sure what to make of R4 and R5 other than having an inverted signal present there. I don't know this foreign language, so all I can do is look at the diagrams....

I believe connecting output to the bottom anode decreases distortions against SRPP.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'd definitely love to see more of these old articles scanned. I find them interesting, and the although my French is quite rusty I don't find them too hard to follow.

Have any of the works of Asano, Atarashi, or Matsunami, amongst others, been translated into French by LED books or others? I have Hiraga's book and always thought it was a pity that it is not available in English, but reading in French is a breeze compared to Japanese...:D
Are there any French language books I might find interesting? (SE, high efficiency speakers, etc.)

I'm looking for a different perspective, most of the good magazines here are gone.

Kenvin
I share your opinion about old articles, as I like to think, they are more relating about "why it acts like that" instead of "to avoid that do so"...
From time to time I will try to scan some of this precious pieces of theory, most of my magazines are from 1945 to 1955 (there is a vast majority treating about radio, preTV &TV)
For your question about books, I think there is very few of them, and they are expensive and only on order or you're lucky , of course Jean Hiraga is well known here (mostly with LED magazine I think).
I got one from elektor editions about 45€ for 200p., I also remember I saw once one treating about toroidals OT.
If you like that good ol' stuff lookout for Lucien Chrétien articles, the most famous tube reference of old technicians, but that's another time. I'll post some...
Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.