Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd October 2006, 04:49 PM   #1
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Default DC Tube Amplifiers

Synchronicity- as I've been back and forth to my bench on a coupling issue in my new phono stage, Bembel sent me some scans of an old French article on DC coupling methods.

DC Amplifiers

The French is not too imposing, but Bembel or other francophones can help us slow folks through the rough spots. The schematics and equations are self-explanatory.

In any case, the ideas are basic and interesting. There's no capacitor as good as a nice, clean piece of wire, but we also have to think through the dynamics of coupling issues and whether or not we just substitute one problem for another.
Old 22nd October 2006, 05:32 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi Stuart,

I converted and merged the three images into one PDF file, but the size is around 2.5MB. Someone more capable than me would have to compress the images further.
Old 22nd October 2006, 05:55 PM   #3
bembel is offline bembel  Europe
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bembel
Hey guys,
theses photos were done as test. they have been shoot in less then 30 sec and then gimped to be readable and small sized.
I can doo far better if someone wants to do the pdfs, i'll be glad to send better ones.
to be continued...
Old 22nd October 2006, 06:04 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
I use bi-polar power for such purposes. It is cheap today.
Old 22nd October 2006, 06:12 PM   #5
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by bembel
, i'll be glad to send better ones.
I can try.

/Hugo
Old 22nd October 2006, 06:26 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hugo,

I'll try to take some pictures during this week, then send then to you to be acrobated, what mail size fits better to you ?

This article comes from a collection of "Radio plans" & "le haut parleur" that I bought to a friend at a flea market. these are famous french electronic magazines from the 30's to 80's.

I'll try to scan in groups interresting articles (but there's a lot dedicated to radio receivers, not very interesting here).
Old 22nd October 2006, 07:25 PM   #7
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Don't make it too big, we'll have to resize anyway.
hugorx at hot mail. +/-20Mb of space.

/Hugo
Old 22nd October 2006, 08:51 PM   #8
wa2ise is offline wa2ise  United States
diyAudio Member

Fig 12 looks a lot like an SRPP circuit, except the output is connected to the bottom plate and not the top cathode. And I'm not sure what to make of R4 and R5 other than having an inverted signal present there. I don't know this foreign language, so all I can do is look at the diagrams....
Old 22nd October 2006, 09:05 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

OK, I think I'll mail it to you during the week Hugo.

Regards
Old 22nd October 2006, 09:13 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally posted by wa2ise
Fig 12 looks a lot like an SRPP circuit, except the output is connected to the bottom plate and not the top cathode. And I'm not sure what to make of R4 and R5 other than having an inverted signal present there. I don't know this foreign language, so all I can do is look at the diagrams....
I believe connecting output to the bottom anode decreases distortions against SRPP.

Hide this!Advertise here!