Modding MEIXING MC 3008 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2006, 09:04 PM   #1
pjpoes is offline pjpoes  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to pjpoes
Default Modding MEIXING MC 3008

I purchased a MEIXING MC 3008-ab witch is a single ended class A triode amp, as far as I know, with an 805 output tube and a 300b driver tube. I felt that other than a few little money saving design issues, like I believe its solid state rectified, that this design offered a lot of potential. I wondered what some of you all thought about this amp, and its potential for modifications.

I thought that changing some of the key caps with better ones, along with changing the volume pot and input selector might offer some improvements. I have a latter attenuater using vishay resistors I might try inplace of the alps blue velvet that it comes with. I also have a silver plated input selector I might try and put inplace of the stock one. I also thought that changing the internal wiring in a few places might offer a minor but worthwhile improvement, especially given I have some laying around I could use. Anyone else have any ideas, uncluding passive components to look at carefully.

I know the tubes probably should be changed, I will likely change the 12au7 and 12ax7 tubes relativly quickly, but leave the other alone for now. It seems hard to find 805's and 300b's that aren't made in china are are affordable. Thanks all.
Old 10th October 2006, 10:57 PM   #2
jarthel is offline jarthel  Australia
diyAudio Member

tj 300b are more expensive that their soviet counterparts. but the shuguang which is a lot cheaper than tj (http://www.kadelectronics.com/tubes.htm) are good tubes according to some discussions I've read in AA.

Hide this!Advertise here!