• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

some Japanese can help me? (OPT trafo winding)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A Chinese can read the chinese characters in the picture and it seems enough to catch the meaning.
Translation:

Figure 3, horizontal cut winding structure
Figure 4, vertical cut winding structure
(a)basic structure (b)characteristic trend
S1-S5, secondary windings
P1-P4, primary windings

the left side plot labels:
x axle, number of cuts
y axle, value of Lx, Cs

the right side plot labels:
x axle, combination of vertical cuts
y axle, value Lx, Cs

I can't read the Japanese characters in the plots but I guess they would be "leak inductance" and "interwinding capacitance". The two Japanese characters on the bottom might mean "iron core".

Yes, I did, at least all is in the link You posted (the correct one is
www.tube-amps.net )

The only expanation realted to this issue is these statements:
"""
The ultimate goal of core winding technique is to determine the best scheme of minimizing the leakage inductance and the stray capacitance. The leakage inductance can be reduced by alternatively mixing the primary and the secondary windings in several layers; this is called the horizontal dividing method. However, too many horizontal layers will increase the stray capacitance. In order to reduce the stray capacitance, the secondary windings can be divided into sections in each layer; this is called the vertical dividing method. However, at this time, too many vertical dividing will increase the leakage inductance. Therefore, Hashimoto engineers have to determine the optimum point of mixing the horizontal and the vertical dividing methods. Especially for a high-primary-impedance transformer, too many horizontal dividing will increase undesirable stray capacitance; thus, the technique of vertical dividing becomes an essential factor to design a high quality high-primary-impedance transformer.
""""

I'd like to know more, and numbers too. Someone has the MJ article mentioned?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.