• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Sunday's Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The lazy need to clear impediments to get anything done. For me it became laying out circuits fresh on plywood every test of new idea or device.

One of the Mag flat panel displays at work was discarded and all that remained was the silver base in the photo below. It floated around the shop for a couple months until on its way to the bin I finally saw a use for it. A simple aluminum clamp was mounted to it holding a blank, single side PCB and three pairs of binding fixed to the back as supply inlets. The clamp got a DPDT switch and was tapped for a couple TO220 devices, normally current sources. The PBC was drilled for RCA connectors to match my M-Audio USB sound device, a 10-turn pot, four tubes (octal, 2 noval, 1 seven pin) and a tag strip stood off the bottom. Instant (in reality 4 hour) test jig.

I still haven't used it but it's only Monday.

Attachments

• tube_testbed.jpg
    tube_testbed.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 261
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.