• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Differential amplifier with 12AX7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Differential amplifier with 12ax7

Hello people,

I'm looking for some theory. I want to design a pre-amp with dual power supply and differential stage.

I need some theory, do you have any document explaining how to design a diff amp with tubes? I know how to do it with transistor, but not with tubes.

What about the constant current source? Any circuit of a current supply with tubes?

thanks a lot
Jorge.

There have been several threads here dealing with current sources for vacuum tube circuits. Search around and you will find them.

A current source can be built entirely with vacuum tubes (or with a simple pentode) but they require considerable voltage across them to function. Offten the behaviour is less than ideal.

Many people use solid state current sources in vacuum tube circuits. There is a common circuit that uses two transistors (I am at work so I don't have it handy). There are several current source IC's that are often used. The LM334 (National Semiconductor) and the IXCP10M45S (IXYS) are the ones that I use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.