• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

DIY Preamp for Transcendent 150w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys,

It looks like there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on this forum and I'd like to seek your opinion. I'm far from an audio expert (meager college student and all) but I have rolled a couple traditional amps in the past.

I'm contemplating building two copies of Rozenblit's Super Compact 150 watt amps (EL509 P-P) into a single chassis and have been eyeing the GG preamp to go with it, but I really want something that'll give me control over treble and bass eq. Can anyone recommend a good tube-based line-level preamp circuit that would have such control and wouldn't be too exotic to build?

Any thoughts on the Transcendent 150? From what I've read it hits the spot. Right now I'm still in the planning stage so any advice is welcome! Thanks! Cory

Adding a tone stack is what I'd prefer to do, then I won't need to muck up the GG preamp. I'd like something active, but am in the dark when it comes to implementing such a thing. Anyone have advice on a good basic active eq or how to add it? So far I've found http://headwize2.powerpill.org/images/eq11.gif Good/bad?

(Compact 150 design copyright by Rozenblit)
Thanks!

Attachments

• supercompact.jpg
    supercompact.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 356
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.