• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Soft-clipping Circuit/tubecad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
Iam trying to find out if a soft-clipping circuit i saw on John Broskie TUBECAD BLOG 5/27/06 will work on a design by Wim DE Haan it's his INKEL MA410 Hybrid power amplifier i would like to build a mod version of this(use mosfet in the output IRF240) anyway this soft-clipping circuit is placed between the tube driver and the solid state output and it's surpose to round the driver tube output as not to drive the ssoutput out of there soa...overdrive them....i think thats how it works.........anyway i want to use this amplifier as a power amplifier for my guitar rig i figured mosfet would be a simple circuit and tube driver would warm the signal up. This amplifier would put out 200watts or so per-channel......so has anyone seen the soft-clipping circuit at TUBECAD if so .....let me know can i use in this type amplifier or do i have to mod it....no AMPLIFIER GURU here....please help

DUSK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.