• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

schematics for a EL509/ EL519 PP amp needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I was origionaly going to biuld a stereo SE el509 amp, but decided that i would like to build a PP amp instead. I can't seem to find ny el509 pp schematics. Any one know where i can find one? I dont want anything toooo complicated, i dont need ballanced inputs, and dont want OTL schematics, as i only have 4 of these tubes.

--Tom

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
JUST BACK AND ALREADY MAKIN'TROUBLE

Hi guys,

John,Brett...all,

The KT90 IS in fact a modified EL509.

Don't let the marketing division from other companies make you think it was made for them....bla,bla,bla....:(

It simply is not true.
The problem at the time was the reliablity of the Chinese KT88 (or lack thereoff).
This brought a group of major vendors to approach the EI factory to bring a better tube on the market.
If you know that the minimum production run for an obsolete tube to be remanufactured or a new type introduced is 10.000 pieces/year than you also understand that no manufacturer of audio gear is going to put that kind of cash into it.

Although quite a lot of these tubes were used by said manufacturer,they certainly did not "invent" it.

KT SERIES

MORE OF IT

Sorry Brett san,;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.