• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help me information of the tubes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I just found and bought the two tubes from an old shop thank to their beauty.
There are charaters "TÃ1-2/8 or 0576" on the tubes. I don't know what it is and for what it is used.

Anyone know them and how to use them, pls hepl me?

thank in advance!

Here is the pictures.

I think it is thyratrons not triode. I have no idea about the kind of tube so please give me some advices.

Attachments

• dscf0230.jpg
    dscf0230.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 263
Yes - definitely thyratrons.

While the grid voltage remains at or below 0V no current flows. Put +20V on the grid and the Thyratron "fires" and conducts anode current .

More like an Silicon Controlled Rectifier (SCR).

Max anode volts 8000 volts
Max anode current 6.5A
Max negative grid voltage -100V
Grid Volts for 2A Anode current 20V (max)

Heater Voltage 5.7v min 6.9 V max (6.3 V typical)
Heater Current 5.5A min 7.5A max

Resistance in grid circuit 10KOhm min. 50KOhm max.

Warm up time 2 minutes

Bulb Temperature 250 degrees Centigrade

Typical life 1000 hrs

Thats about all I could "decode/translate" from the data sheet and there may be errors in that (I don't read Russian but recognize a word here or there).

Cheers,
Ian

Thanks all of you for the information.

To Klimon,

Can you guide me to build a such awesome amplifier.
As I search on the internet, rythayon generally can not be used to amplify signal linearly. Is that true or false.

I like big tube very much. At present, I'm building a giant amplifier with GU 13 (813 equivalent). So your awesome amplifier make me so interested.

You can not build a linear amplifier with a thyratron tube. They were intended as grid controlled switches (the predecessor to the SCR as mentioned) and as such have no linear region. I have several hundred small ones (2D21's) and have found no use for them.

They can be used to make power oscillators, and high voltage trigger switches, so the vacuum tube Tesla Coil crowd may be able to make something with them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.