• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ReinoutdV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
833a amp !

Good morning Howard,

i saw your ping....what can i do for you ?

My 833-amps are well described and suppported with quite some pictures in the thread "where are the 833 amps".

In the meantime i tweaked a bit with new power trannies; but the basics remain the same.

What questions do you have ? Also a 833-builder ?

regards,
Reinout

Attachments

• img_4137.jpg
    img_4137.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 276

Thanks for responding. I am looking to build an 833 amp and have a mentor locally who will help me. I am gathering schematics of some different amps to bring him. I will bring all of your responses to the original thread but was wondering if you have any schematics of what you have done.
My mentor is an electrical engineer but has not built an amp before. He has always been interested but no time.
Perhaps a full list of components? Hope this makes sense. I appreciate your help. Thanks Howard

schematic amp

Hi Howard,

i believe i had already posted the schematic. It's a 6SN7 input - 300B-driver and 833a output amp.
But the input is of course completely to your own wishes (had some comments that this should be a DHT, but i've of oodles of 6SN7's so this was the easy way and it made easy tube-swapping possible for that last simple tweak).

Same goes for the driver. I use a 300B; but Wavac uses a triode-wired pentode/beam-tetrode. All for the same purpose: get low impendance to seriously fire the 833-grid.
Again: your choice.

Normally i use components that are at hand. Although i have quite a large supply to dig from....i also changed some things in the schematic in order not to being pressed to buy again components.

Word of warning: i use this amp at 1000 ~1400 V. That is lethal ! Although your friend is an electrical engineer, please be carefull.
All the components are AT LEAST 3 times the standard required voltage/amperage.

And that's exactly why i don't distribute the complete list of components. If something goes wrong.....

Regards,
Reinout

Attachments

• schema833.001.jpg
    schema833.001.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 252
Thanks

Thanks for the schematic, I hadn't seen it so you made it easy. I did talk with my mentor about the dangers in this kind of project but I appreciate your warning, if fact everything that I've looked at so far everyone has given the same type of warning. It's nice to do something and get help from folks that want you to succeed and be safe. I let you know what we decide on building. Thanks again for all your great posts and information. Howard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.