• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Cheap SET Kit for UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
to go with my highly efficient OB speakers that i will be making, i think i will need a new amp, i have been recomended to a couple of ones, the 'Sophia Baby', the 'Bottlehead SEX amp', 'Nelson Pass's Zen amps' and the 'Charlize amp'.
i have seen online, the Yarland FV-34III EL48 and the Aurexx Crystal 1, both for around £200 or less, are there any complete kits that i can make like these (even though there not kits) that are easy/simple to make that i can get in the UK?

the driver is likely to be an Omnes Audio L8....

You can follow the DECWARE SE84 model.

A scaled down version of the "El Cheapo" B+ supply using a Triad model N68X power trafo will get the job done. Try Farnell to source the power trafo.

Use a low cost, good sounding, 12AV7 as the voltage gain device. A preamp is not needed when a CDP is the signal source.

Hammond model 125ESE O/P trafos are my advice. While better O/P "iron" is clearly indicated, its cost will "bust" the budget.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.