• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Ok SY...You Win

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having spent the entirety of my adult life shopping flea marts, library sales, yard sales, and the occasional used book stores for book bargains (the printed word rarely has a “best used before” date after all), I have been loathe to buy a new book.

You finally broke me down.

After reading "buy Morgan Jones Valve Amplifiers" for the thirty-umpteenth-millionth time, I took out the plastic, and with trembling hands, ordered it from Amazon. Not only is it the only new book I can remember buying (really), it is hands down the most I have spent on one.

I feel smarter already, and have experienced the unexpected side effect of having a nasty skin condition spontaneously clearing up.

I’m sure I will soon be thanking you.

Hi Chris,

I'm sure your right.

I predict I’ll be bangin’ the ‘ol noggin on my bench when I realize I should have bought it long ago.

I have read numerous times, by people far more learned than I (you and SY for two), that it is very digestible, and a veritable encyclopedia of glow bug knowledge…I’m just too dang obstinate (not to mention cheap) at times for my own good.

-Casey

Hi Stuart,

Seems we be postin’ at the same time :xeye:

If you do, I'll be happy to take it off your hands before my current copy (autographed) falls apart.

Somehow I think this scenario unlikely. I assume there is a good reason my search for a used copy has been in vain. Seems once people get your hands on it, they’re not likely to relinquish the grip.

-Casey

I bought both of MJ's books at the same time. I got them several months ago and am still going through the formulas to grasp things. I've had Calc III at college years ago, but I seem to take a long time to really absorb things like this. This is one area of DIY I don't want to go at half-loaded!

Thanks to all here that mentioned these books over and over again to this lurker.

I used to drink the dark version regularly when I was in grad school. I lived in a state that banned any beer with more than 3.2% alcohol, which meant in essence anything drinkable. For some reason, the San Miguel tasted fine. So we drank that as our regular beverage. Then, the state found out that despite the stick-on label claiming 3.2%, the beer was actually 4.5%.

That was the end of San Miguel there and the end of being able to get decent beer. These days, I live in a much more civilized place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.