• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Batory tubes, anyone familiar with these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found a few of these strange looking tubes on the net. Are these any good?

Attachments

• batoryecc83.jpg
    batoryecc83.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 504
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Never heard of them, looks to me like they have combined two sub-mini triodes and connected them to sub for a standard 803S which incidentally is in current production at JJ.

I would be very cautious about spending much money on these, it would be hard to even vouch whether or not they are even made with Telefunken made sub-minis, despite the oh so crisp tele logos on them. (Too crisp IMHO) And I don't know for a fact that they did or didn't make a or any sub-mini tube with similar characteristics.

The fact that they are comparing it to an ECC82 doesn't inspire that much confidence either, the right comparison would of course be the ECC803S or the ECC83. Perhaps I am just nit picking here.. ;)

Anway as the Romans used to say Caveat Emptor.. (Let the buyer beware.) The fact that the site apprears to be in Cyrillic only doesn't help either.

Edit: fix formatting, etc..

Kevin,
Thanks for your reply. I also had some doubts. It's a very vague site. All the Cyrillic, the strange pictures abouth Elisabeth von Bàthory that have little to do with the tubes they are selling...
For he moment I'll let these tubes pass.

Jean-Paul,
Thanks for re-editing the thread title.

Translated into English from the site (at the beginning) would read:
Batory Entertainment Electronics

For perfect acoustical sounding in
the home use radio goods company
"Batory Electronics"

The rest of the site just explains about their products for sale (amplifiers, etc.)

Batory

I've a pair of 12AU7 Batory tubes employed in the imput line stage of Convergent SL1 Signatur pre amp.(they are double pentode in triode configuration).
I find musical performances (after 50 hours of burn in) , very good with excellent bass responce and great sound "fullness" .
May be a little loss in contrast and detail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.