• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Antek Toroidal Power Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been collecting power and output iron lately for some tube amp projects and wondered if anyone had had some experiences (positive or negative) with the Antek toroidal transformers available on Ebay. The prices are attractive, but how is the actual performance?

I got one of their 550V (275-0-275) and it arrived very promptly, I tested no-load voltage of 288V with the secondaries paralleled (it's two 275-275 primaries actually) off my house current of 124 (I think it was 120 at the time of measurement). So far, so good. I'm going to build an amp with it in a couple weeks and can tell you more about the performance.

Honestly, from the price, the prompt service and the strong measurements, plus the fact that it has a serious bit of weight/apparent build quality, I'd go for it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.