• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SE Tube Preamp circuit using 6922/6dj8 at low voltage(24volt) needed! anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tone said:
i need a good circuit using 6922/6dj8 preferably at 24volts single ended.anyone can help?,..thanks
rgds,
tone
I would also like some more info of preamp Tube amps using lower voltages than 100V.

I tried to get some info on that searching the web
some years ago. But the resuslt was thin.
I just got a hold of a couple of schematics.
Pity, I might have started for real with tubes
if I had got ahold of some good alternatives.

Basically I think you can use the same design as in ordinary TUBE amplifiers. Only change some resistor values.
You just try and find those tubes, that preserve some of the good quality at lower voltages.
6922/6DJ8 is such a tube.

Maybe we just have to wait for Dice45. :)
Might take some time.

:) Thanks tone for bringing this subject up. :)

Seems very little research have been done of this in the
Home Labs of the TUBE women.
And their TUBE men.
:D Maybe halo and tone will have to do a little research for the un-knowing tube society :D

Just out of curiosity why 24 volts? If you've already got a 24v suply and don't want to spend cash to build another I'd say stick to transistors. But if you're just scared of the higher voltages don't be, when you work with higher voltages for preamps you're working with very low currents. As with everything you've go tto be careful, but not more so than with transistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.