switch in SPICE - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th August 2006, 04:03 PM   #1
Antonix is offline Antonix  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default switch in SPICE

I have to simulate a guitar preamp in Orcad PSPICE but in Device library there are no template to simulate switch DPDT.

Where I found them ?
Old 6th August 2006, 11:19 PM   #2
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I'm not exactly an expert, but the several versions of spice that I am acquainted with don't have a switch in any form.. Normally you would hardwire the circuit in each of the configurations you want to simulate and run a separate run for each.
Old 6th August 2006, 11:58 PM   #3
teemuk is offline teemuk  Finland
diyAudio Member

Does Orcad have voltage or current controlled switch models? Perhaps you could use either one of those with a delayed control signal. (You need to control switching for each pole, though). What are you trying to simulate?
Old 7th August 2006, 01:26 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I use Microsim PSPICE version 8 which later became Orcad PSPICE. In the standard simulator part list there are two SPST switch types, normally closed “SW_tclose” and normally open “SW_topen”. Both types will switch at any time that you define. You can connect 2 pairs of these to make a DPDT, or you can create any other kind of multiple-pole, multiple-throw switch with these building blocks.

Hide this!Advertise here!