• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Curcio Sarah Phono stage: opinions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Daniel;

I am also interested in the Sarah phono stage and can't seem to find any comparative information.

I built and run a Curcio Daniel pre amp. It was published in Audio Amateur in the mid 80's. What I can tell you is the Daniel sounds wonderful and I haven't replaced it because I haven't found anything comparable yet for the money. In its day, it was compared to the Audio Research pre.
I picked up a Brinkmann Fein phono stage and although it sounds slightly different, I can't say it sounds better (I run a Linn LP12/Ekos/Lingo/Sumiko Blackbird cartridge). The Fein is in the $3000.00 price range if I recall. I also put the Daniel up against my friends Copeland pre and again, they sound different but I would give the edge to the Daniel. Apparently, the Sarah is an upgrade to the Daniel, so I hope this small comparison helps.

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.