• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Interesting eBay "listing" for tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That was a good one! Really, I almost rolled on the floor laughing.

This one I like-

"EXCELLENT HUMAN VOICES + TREBLE , WHEN THERE IS A LOUD BASS DRUM ,
AT THE SAME TIME
( If there isn't any LOUD bass drum, then the HUGE difference in human voices will be much smaller )"

Seriously, that amp looks like an Audio Space/Duntonic/Houston amplifier from HongKong - http://www.audiospace.com.hk/?langid=175

This one's great:

"THE AMPLIFIER MUST WORK WHEN YOU SWITCH IT ON.
THE AMPLIFIER MUST NOT BURNT OUT (REALLY, SERIOUSLY) YOUR SPEAKERS
OR ELECTROCUTE THE USER."

Sad, isn't it? So many super-expensive hi-fi amps, and this is the requirement for them to be sold. At those prices, it seems that few even listen, they just look at the tag.

Also:

"EXCELLENT BASS (if you are using any half decent BIG speakers.) "

well, duh...

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
OMG that has got to be one of the stupidest auctions I have ever seen.. ROFLMAO :D

I think I'll run out and get me some of them new fangled safer safety transformers so I can keep from electrocuting speakers not to mention the human beings. They're so huge... :devilr:

Now I can save thousands of dollars by deleting the ungodly expensive safer safety transformers, land o' goshen I'd never figure that one out. I guess that is why the second most expensive amplifier I ever built didn't have any. :xeye:

I figure that amplifier shouldn't cost more than a quarter of the opening bid price and perhaps even less.

And I thought people spending over $100K for a pair of Keegons were nuts.. hehehe :smash:

Yep, still there. New guys behind the counter but they tell me Mr. Lee still has an ownership interest. Right now the same pile-o-stuff ranging from Solens and KT88s to LED lamp chasers, minus the charm of Mr. Lee and his wife. Time will tell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.