• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Input level

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ciao,

Just a stupid question:

I'm playing with the math and testing some circuits for my future tube amplifier (I have no time to build it completely, but I'm making some tests and learning how tubes work).
It will be a SE, parallel feed topology.
The amplifier will be an integrated one, and will have few inputs:

1. CD player

2. Digital JukeBox (a sort of big Ipod I built, with a 10" touchscreen and a 120Gb HDD where I can store all my MP3 songs, all enclosed in a nice wooden case)
The output device is a original ISA Soundblaster (line output)

3. My TV set (basically DVD player)

My question is: Do you know the output level for each of the above? I mean, I have to decide the input level for my amplifier, but I'm not sure on it (1Vpp, 2Vrms, what else?).

What about input sensitivity of your amplifiers?

Next question:
Using a KT88 as output device, which is the best working driver for it (12AT7, 12AU7, 6SN7, ECC99)?
I'd like to use only one stage for the driver, so the gain has to be taken in consideration with respect with the input level...

PS: In the meantime I'm building also a quasi-resonant Switched Mode Power Supply for the amp using the TEA1507 chip, I will show it here when ready...

Ciao,
Giovanni

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.