• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Schematic help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone happen to have a schematic of a Quicksilver KT 88 mono 60 watt amplifier? This amp has (2 ) KT88's,(2) 5AR4,(1)12Fq7,(1)12BH7 tubes. I have contacted Quicksilver only to be told that they don't have a copy. Hmmmm, seem strange that a manufacturer of the product wouldn't have a copy to sell. Can anyone help me here?

Joe

burnedfingers said:
Hmmmm, seem strange that a manufacturer of the product wouldn't have a copy to sell.

Seems downright fishy to me.
Anyway, it's probably some form of Williamson... 12FQ7 1st gain and cathodyne phase inverter, 12BH7 2nd gain stage. Just a guess, but it should be easy to reverse engineer it.

I had to do that for my 1936 Gibson guitar amp - and talk about a rat's nest. Just start at the input jack, and draw the connections and parts on a piece of paper.

Joel

Thanks for the input. I tried to sit down with the amp and draw out the schematic but quickly put it back together when my german shepherd ran off with one of my KT88 tubes. The good news is that he didn't do any damage to the tube.

In a listening comparison between an SAE X25A that I currently have running my Klipsch Cornwalls the dog prefered the Quicksilvers to the SAE in a broad scope of listening material.
I will have to agree with the dog also, tubes do sound better.

Anybody out there got a schematic on this Quicksilver amp? I will pay for a copy of it, thus saving my KT88 tubes from the dog.

Joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.