829B Based Amp - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2009, 04:18 PM   #11
volos is offline volos  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

http://lynxaudio.narod.ru/articles/Lynx_VTA39.pdf

Very Best!!!
Old 12th March 2012, 10:26 AM   #12
Vikt0r is offline Vikt0r  Ukraine
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Vikt0r Send a message via Skype™ to Vikt0r
With regard to the last post - I seriously doubtful about the "verybestness" of Lynx's overkill design. You must know the russian saying "what is too much that is not healthy".
If anyone is still interested about the 829b - here is some schematic (sorry - it's drawn in russian, but i would comment it), aimed to build a truly two-bulb amp. The driver stage uses a 6H8C/6SN7 biased with a blue led. The output stage uses a single GMI-6 (kinda russian pulse-mod of 829B) for both channels, connected in pentode mode, with anode feedback (small amount) and stabilized at 250 volts 2nd grid (that is common). Strictly fixed bias (16v), not even a small cathode resistance. The OT is for 5K primary resistance. The amp sounds really amazing, very open and natural, all those SE triode lovers (that's what I have been )- forget your triodes, they're garbage
It is WORTH to try anyway once somebody's around a hard decision. Feedbacks are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GMI6amp.JPG (78.2 KB, 335 views)
Old 27th July 2013, 09:30 AM   #13
lotehk is offline lotehk  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Where do you get those diodes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikt0r View Post
With regard to the last post - I seriously doubtful about the "verybestness" of Lynx's overkill design. You must know the russian saying "what is too much that is not healthy".
If anyone is still interested about the 829b - here is some schematic (sorry - it's drawn in russian, but i would comment it), aimed to build a truly two-bulb amp. The driver stage uses a 6H8C/6SN7 biased with a blue led. The output stage uses a single GMI-6 (kinda russian pulse-mod of 829B) for both channels, connected in pentode mode, with anode feedback (small amount) and stabilized at 250 volts 2nd grid (that is common). Strictly fixed bias (16v), not even a small cathode resistance. The OT is for 5K primary resistance. The amp sounds really amazing, very open and natural, all those SE triode lovers (that's what I have been )- forget your triodes, they're garbage
It is WORTH to try anyway once somebody's around a hard decision. Feedbacks are welcome.
Old 27th July 2013, 09:35 AM   #14
lotehk is offline lotehk  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Where do you get those diodes???

Hi.
Please let me know where I can acquire the LED1 and the D1= KC630 and the
other zener diode D2= KC620
Thanks
lotehk
Old 27th July 2013, 02:35 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Wink 829B

"Maybe the 829 is not the best tube for your first tube project… " The best way to use 829B and other tubes with common screen grid is to parallel electrodes of both halves, an use a couple of tubes into your PP instead of only one. This would definitely solve your problems with UL PP.
Old 28th July 2013, 12:50 AM   #16
farhun is online now farhun  United States
diyAudio Member

KC620 is 120v KC630 is 130V zener diodes. Max current is about 50ma if I'm not mistaken.

From the original post: ...and stabilized at 250 volts 2nd grid (that is common)...

Hide this!Advertise here!