• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Beard P100 Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Something about this...

Email can help you :D

Regard
analog guy

Attachments

• p100-1.jpg
    p100-1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 936
I just bought a non-working P-100 but it looks different than the one in this thread. I think mine must be an earlier version.

The amp has a bias issue on one channel. The amp has a board with pots to adjust the tube bias (see right side of picture below). I believe the board connects to the cathode and then there is a 10 ohm resistor to ground. When I first powered up the amp with full voltage both of the 10 ohm resistors on the bad channel burned out. I thought the problem could be a bad cap in the bias board. Today I replaced the caps and the burnt resistors. I powered the amp up and thought I solved the problem. I had the amp on for about 10 minutes and began adjusting the bias to the .5 volts dc documented on the bias board. When I connected my multimeter to the output side tube on the bad channel I noticed the voltage begin to rise. Before I knew what happened the 10 ohm resistor flashed and it was gone. Any suggestions what to try now? I have tested the tubes and they all test good.

Attachments

• 104_7350.JPG
    104_7350.JPG
    935.9 KB · Views: 600
  • 104_7352.jpg
    104_7352.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 654
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.