• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What is the best software to create tube schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can personally vouch for the usability and awesomeness of Eagle. I designed my senior project in Eagle, an MP3 player with flash and a DAC and all kinds of nifty SMD parts that burn your hands when you're trying to solder them down because your school was too cheap to buy an SMD soldering station for the design lab.

Oh, right, Eagle.

You're held to half a eurocard with two signal layers in the free version, which is kind of a tight limitation for tube design if you're planning on getting a PCB rolled, since most glass is so physically big.

It takes a couple of afternoons to learn, but there are some rockin' rad tutorials out there, conveniently none of which I have handy.

Edited for language, I've had too much coffee.

Maybe I am the only one here who use gEDA and PCB. This is because I use them with my other digital projects too. Free. The problem is that gEDA and PCB came with Fedora5 crashes frequently. I used older versions and they were fine.

Just my personal choice. The schematic might not be good to publish on the web though.

arnoldc said:
jarthel, yes. See my website. All schematics there was made with Visio. Also the one in DiyParadise (2A3 project) which I submitted to Yeo.

thank you. :)

When I first started using visio like 13 yrs ago(?), I've always use visio for "work" stuff like flowcharts/ ERDS and other computer-related stuff. I didn't know it's that advance now! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.