• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

help for this amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all,
I am a beginner and I need your help.
I built some amplifiers with success but the last, of which I attach the diagram (the diagram is not the mine) does not work. The voltages written are what I have measured but i don't know those correct. (I think that the 50 should work with 320V on the plate, -57.6V on the grid). I have connected a source and it plays very twisted and with much noise.

Attachments

• scanimage001.jpg
    scanimage001.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 209
Ciao Urbano!

A strange thing is the link connecting the cathode of the second section of ECC32 to the 50. At the cathode of the ECC32 you measure 80V with respect to ground, at the grid of the 50 you measure a different value. How did you measure this last value?

From a first look you should raise the cathode resistor under the 50 (the 4290ohm one) to at least 4.7k.

Otherwise, a very bad design, with some problems. 0.9mA with 35Vak on an ECC32? Shame on the designer :smash:

Also some other notes you make, are very strange. Near the anode of the first ECC32 section you show 1.8mA, but on the cathode you read only 0.9mA. Where are the other 0.9mA? In the second ECC32 section's grid? :bigeyes:

I think something like this would be better.

However, if one wants to do full DC coupling, low distortion with so low B+, power output will be very limited. The version I attach to this message can do only 1W or so.

To gain power, I would suggest to AC couple the first and the second stage, and DC couple the second and the third one. Far better results ;)

Attachments

• scanimage001.jpg
    scanimage001.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 136
Ciao Giaime,
the last value is measured between the grid of the 50 (anode of ECC32) and cathode of the 50 (80 - 120 = -40V)

Hi Burnedfinger,
i have discharged the power supply and rechecked the schematics, now i'm measuring the voltages then i will post them.
Also i know that they don't compute as posted... All the voltage measured are very strange...
now I use another DVTM...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.