Home-Made Tube Guitar Heads - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2006, 12:44 AM   #1
J.H.R is offline J.H.R  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to J.H.R
Default Home-Made Tube Guitar Heads

Hello, I am wanting to build my own Tube Head. I was wanting it to be "up to my specifications". I wanted a simple, no non-sense 100 watt minimum, 1 channel, mono or parrellel out, 3-band E-Q head. For tubes, I was wanting to use like 4- EL34's in the power amp, and 4- 12AX7's in the Pre-amp, and whatever for the rectifier (maybe GZ34's). I have been looking for plans and schematics on the net for one, but I havent had much luck. Maybe something like a Vintage Marshall or a Fender, but the Fender doesnt really have the power I want and the Marshall just isnt "it". I also been looking at various D.Y.I. kits, but they, just arent what I want either. My experience I have in Tube amps are just repair. I have an old Guild 2x12 combo thats about 100 watts; from around the 60's. When something goes wrong with it, I just find an exact replacement and soldier it in. So I know the "What-not-to-do's" in amp electronics and I'm aware of electric circuitry and wiring. I'm just looking for the perfect, simple plan for an awesome tube head.
Thanks,
Peace Out
J.H.R
Old 13th July 2006, 09:52 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

What about a Fender Super Reverb/Twin Reverb? Uses 4 6L6s, clean, around 100 watts and loud enough for almost anything.

http://www.hatcheramps.com/prodimage...b763_schem.gif

http://www.hatcheramps.com/prodimage...b763_schem.gif
Old 14th July 2006, 04:30 AM   #3
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

I can't imagine a Fender Twin Reverb not having enough power for guitar. it sounds like your amp to me.

Go over to Schematic Heaven and there are endless guitar amp schematics to consider.

http://www.schematicheaven.com

Hide this!Advertise here!