Home-Made Tube Guitar Heads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I am wanting to build my own Tube Head. I was wanting it to be "up to my specifications". I wanted a simple, no non-sense 100 watt minimum, 1 channel, mono or parrellel out, 3-band E-Q head. For tubes, I was wanting to use like 4- EL34's in the power amp, and 4- 12AX7's in the Pre-amp, and whatever for the rectifier (maybe GZ34's). I have been looking for plans and schematics on the net for one, but I havent had much luck. Maybe something like a Vintage Marshall or a Fender, but the Fender doesnt really have the power I want and the Marshall just isnt "it". I also been looking at various D.Y.I. kits, but they, just arent what I want either. My experience I have in Tube amps are just repair. I have an old Guild 2x12 combo thats about 100 watts; from around the 60's. When something goes wrong with it, I just find an exact replacement and soldier it in. So I know the "What-not-to-do's" in amp electronics and I'm aware of electric circuitry and wiring. I'm just looking for the perfect, simple plan for an awesome tube head.
Thanks,
Peace Out
J.H.R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.