• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Surround Decoder - Subtract amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Felipe,

I am not a tube expert... I believe most experts would suggest that this tube be operated with about 100 - 150 Volts at the plate... that suggests 200 Volts or more for B+.

I think any advantage you gain by using a tube would be lost at such a low plate voltage.

PM SY & Brian Beck and involve them in this thread. They are around today, and they ARE tube experts... Eli also.

I think you should solve your B+ problem before designing your CSS.

:)

Maybe you should choose another tube type, it could give better results.

Since you're using TubeCAD schematic, and Broskie likes 6DJ8, try that, with plate resistors of 10k, 20mA CCS on the bottom and 200V supply.

If that's just too much for you, then discard tubes for this project :smash: their advantages on SS stuff are clear only at THEIR supply voltages, not those typical for SS stuff.

Ps: have you considered the possibility you have a rather simplicistic tube model in your simulator? There are pretty realistic models out there, check the internet.

Or, if you choose 12AU7 because you have them, I suggest 10mA current for the CCS and 18k resistors on the anodes, and 200V supply.

Gaime,

I will use the 12AU7 because this is very good for this work, and I have many of then... In a future project, i can use other tube. Because I have many 6sn7GT and others good tubes.

My CCS values in now is this:
R1 - 330ohm
R2 - 220ohm

But the problem is because I haven't acess for a transformer how make to me simmetrical 150v... It will need 2 months to I have acess to this :(

Poobah,

Nor I! I'm not a expert too. I think is a good idea for me, put inside this surround decoder a crossover too. Because this need a B- supply too.

Does anybody interesed in this design too? Because we can make a PCB!

Best Regards,
Felipe Navarro

Poobah,

In the moment, i'm thinking to make this with the LM317. This is will be a prototype! In the future... I can make a best CCS.

This is my brand new schematic.

Best Regards,
Felipe Navarro

Attachments

• imagem4.jpg
    imagem4.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 88
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.