Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please help ID this rectifier:
Please help ID this rectifier:
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2006, 05:36 AM   #1
martioz is offline martioz  Australia
diyAudio Member
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Melbourne
Default Please help ID this rectifier:

Please help to ID this russian rectifier tube:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg russ_27155.jpg (10.6 KB, 211 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 06:26 AM   #2
poobah is offline poobah  United States
diyAudio Member
poobah's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Godzilla? King Kong? Mongo?

  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 08:06 AM   #3
Miles Prower is offline Miles Prower  United States
diyAudio Member
Miles Prower's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Are you certain that it's a rectifier? It looks like a sodium vapor arc lamp.
There are no foxes in atheistholes
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 03:15 PM   #4
Tubelab_com is offline Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member
Tubelab_com's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: West Virginia panhandle
Back in the days before silicon rectifiers the only choices were selenium for relatively low current, and a device known as a "Tungar Bulb". That is a large high current low voltage rectifier tube. Most of them used Mercury or Argon to lower the voltage drop. They were used in large battery chargers.

Google "Tungar bulb" or "Tungar Rectifier" Some were made by the Tung Sol corporation.
Tubelab, it's 5 year mission. To explore strange new tubes, to seek out new circuits and topologies, to boldly go where no tube has gone before......
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2006, 05:31 PM   #5
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator
kevinkr's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Please help ID this rectifier:
It doesn't appear to be an x-ray tube, it does appear to be some sort of high voltage rectifier. I have seen similar rectifier tubes in 1920's vintage radio transmitters, unfortunately I am not really familiar with these and can't identify this one.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine
  Reply With Quote


Please help ID this rectifier:Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bridge rectifier vs Full wave rectifier hilbert_mostert Tubes / Valves 4 28th April 2009 09:26 PM
6CJ3 rectifier or 6D22S rectifier 56oval Tubes / Valves 10 19th April 2007 10:48 AM
81 Rectifier Diy martin Tubes / Valves 4 14th January 2006 02:54 PM
Anybody heard about Tarzian Silicon Rectifier for Tube Rectifier Replacement? zxx123 Tubes / Valves 4 21st February 2005 05:02 AM
Integrated Rectifier Bridge VS Rectifier Diodes Sci Chip Amps 11 16th July 2004 03:43 PM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio