Audio Electronic Supply AE-25DJH - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th June 2006, 08:43 PM   #1
no xo is offline no xo  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Audio Electronic Supply AE-25DJH

Anybody had expirience or comments on this amp It looks interesting to me to drive HiEff fullrange horns. Is it a good deal or bunk?
Old 27th June 2006, 11:44 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I couldn't find that number, but the only kit amp they sell is the S5 amp that uses 11MS8 tubes. There is plenty of discussion on that one in this forum.
Old 28th June 2006, 12:39 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Audio Electronic Supply AE-25DJH

Quote:
Originally posted by no xo
Anybody had expirience or comments on this amp It looks interesting to me to drive HiEff fullrange horns. Is it a good deal or bunk?
I didn't see it on the aes site, but DJH is Dennis J. Had of Cary Audio fame. These amps are just kit versions of Cary amps, and i would assume quite good, though they do not show up around here much.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kent Smith
I couldn't find that number, but the only kit amp they sell is the S5 amp that uses 11MS8 tubes.
You have the wrong company
Old 28th June 2006, 12:54 AM   #4
Arius is offline Arius  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't own one but here's a good review (by forum member Charlie Hansen of Ayre fame himself) of the kit form of that amp. Charlie reviewed the assembled version.

The attached review is available freely on the Internet from www.audioxpress.com so I don't see any reason why I cannot attach it here. Credit is given where due.

Bleh, the file is too big to attach and I can't find it anymore at the audioxpress.com review archives. It was published in Glass Audio 05/00. Email me and I'll send you the review.

In a nutshell, the AE-25 does 12W into 8R and was stable into capacitive loads so I don't see any reason why it cannot drive horns.
Old 28th June 2006, 02:36 AM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Different Charles Hansen.

Hide this!Advertise here!