• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Electronic Supply AE-25DJH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
no xo said:
Anybody had expirience or comments on this amp It looks interesting to me to drive HiEff fullrange horns. Is it a good deal or bunk?

I didn't see it on the aes site, but DJH is Dennis J. Had of Cary Audio fame. These amps are just kit versions of Cary amps, and i would assume quite good, though they do not show up around here much.

Kent Smith said:
I couldn't find that number, but the only kit amp they sell is the S5 amp that uses 11MS8 tubes.

You have the wrong company

I don't own one but here's a good review (by forum member Charlie Hansen of Ayre fame himself) of the kit form of that amp. Charlie reviewed the assembled version.

The attached review is available freely on the Internet from www.audioxpress.com so I don't see any reason why I cannot attach it here. Credit is given where due.

Bleh, the file is too big to attach and I can't find it anymore at the audioxpress.com review archives. It was published in Glass Audio 05/00. Email me and I'll send you the review.

In a nutshell, the AE-25 does 12W into 8R and was stable into capacitive loads so I don't see any reason why it cannot drive horns.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.