• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Power Supply Voltage For 5881/6L6 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

The power transformer in my 10-year-old Arion Elektra tube amplifier has failed. No schematics came with the amp and there are no discernable markings on the transformer.

Tubes are 4x5881(6L6), 2x6SN7, 2x5814A(12AU7/ECC82). The brochure described it as an 18 Watt pure class A triode coupled pentode design.

Does anybody have any idea what the likely power supply voltage would be for such a design? (I'm guessing 350Vdc off a 250Vac secondary but that's just a raw guess.)

Arion also sold the Adonis kit amplifier, which had the same tubes and may well have had a similar circuit design. I have attached rough schematics for this kit amp that I got from an enthusiast via the 'audioasylum' web site in case it can give you useful clues to the design of my Elektra.

Many thanks guys, Simon in Edinburgh

no I think you will likely need more, is it a ss rectifier.

factor on 450 volt on the anodes

lose 10 volts in the choke if there is one and output tx,

so you are looking at perhaps 350-0-350 with a hefty current, 200 ma, and 6.3 volt heaters, lots of them 6Amps plus, try hammond or silk.

Schematics Request

Dear friends:

I am looking for the schematics of the North Ireland apmplifier ARION "ADONIS".

I bought this kit several years ago and now i am trying to bring him alive again but I need to coorect some components.

Unfortunatelly I missed my copy of the Electric circuit and will apprecioate any help from you getting this schematics to work with

Looking forward for any comment.

Truly yours,

Nelson //

Good evening All,
Looking for information about this amplifier Arion acoustics, not sure about model.
Any help appreciated.

Best regards.
Sasha.

Attachments

• Picture 464.jpg
    Picture 464.jpg
    789.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Picture 460.jpg
    Picture 460.jpg
    832.3 KB · Views: 199
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.