diyAudio (
-   Tubes / Valves (
-   -   power supply schematic with a 6080 used as a "pass tube" (

jarthel 27th May 2006 02:44 PM

power supply schematic with a 6080 used as a "pass tube"
I've been looking here and audioasylum and the internet in general without much luck.

Thanks for the help.

Alain Dupont 27th May 2006 03:41 PM



and look at:

A lot of examples of tubed PS's search "power supply" in the front page...

You can use other tubes for that purpose...


ashbytub 8th July 2012 05:31 PM

Here is what I am building now. PASS 6080 or 6AS7.

The final design of the boards are 4 boards the + 225V power supply
Tektronix Cathod Ray Type 514 Oscilloscope

have it built next week for testing.

astouffer 8th July 2012 06:43 PM

Check towards the back of the RCA tube manual.

6J6 9th July 2012 02:25 AM


The book "Build your own valve audio amps" by Tech/Elektor has a really well detailed section on building valve based power supplies. It's available at Jaycar for $39.95.

Well worth reading.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:32 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2