• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Lundahl LL1540 for SY's heretical?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
thanks for the reply.
I have another question: in case I need to use them as step-up (1:2) the source would see 1/4 of the input impedance (roughly equivalent to the potmeter paralleled to the 15K resistor in your schematics.
Do I need to adapt these values to keep the impedance at about 10k?

Is there a particular reason to use a 100K pot with a paralleled resistor instead of a lower value pot?

I ask because I have on hand a motorized 50k blue velvet and a 20k black velvet...

Cheers

Andrea

I've used the LL1540 as an output to a balanced 12b4 line stage, and it sounds fine in parafeed - doesn't overload to my ears. I don't think it likes many volts of signal through it, though, so a low mu valve might be required. A friend put it on the scope with a 3A5 driving it (higher mu) and found that it was overloading.

Thanks Stuart.

I'll try to assemble it as soon as possible.

Just another question ( a bit OT, sorry): I've read the DiyAudioMag article about the heretical line stage and, in the last schematics, I can't see how you feed the opamp. I suppose using the +/-12V supply...I'm right?

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.