confusion in the resistor/capacitor values and B+ supply for the aikido - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2006, 12:46 PM   #1
jarthel is offline jarthel  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default confusion in the resistor/capacitor values and B+ supply for the aikido

I have been reading the PDF version for the 9pin Aikido PCB.

But before this, I have read several blogs that contain Aikido schematics but specifically for headphone use.

Like in the April 27 blog in tubecad.com, there is a schematic (http://www.tubecad.com/2006/04/27/ai..._amplifier.png) that has a C1 of 47uf and C2 of .47uF.

But in the PDF, the range of values for C1 and C2 is .1 to 4uF.

So my question is: If I am making headphone amp, must I use the values stated in the blog instead of those in the PDF?

I know that Rk, R15 and R16 must be change according to the recommended values found in this page => http://www.tubecad.com/2006/05/blog0064.htm.

How about the B+ supply? the blog mentions +170V while I cannot find +170V in the table from blog64.

Thank you very much for the help.
Old 23rd May 2006, 12:58 PM   #2
jarthel is offline jarthel  Australia
diyAudio Member

also, are the tubes limited to 6cg7 and 6h30 when using the aikido as a headphone amp?

Hide this!Advertise here!