• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EL84 PP Diy. Pls help me!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TY friends

These are my parts for Diy this projects, all are dismounted from the old PP amp I have used before. The OPT sound very good :bigeyes:
I knew the OPT for El84 PP amps isn't expensive but I wanna DIY all parts, modify the above design as well :D

Attachments

• p1140030.jpg
    p1140030.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 405
If those two transformers were used in a "old" PP amp, then they will have a CT already. So I don't understand when you said:

My OPT doesn't have CT so i wondered that will it have good sound?

And now you say:

These are my parts for Diy this projects, all are dismounted from the old PP amp I have used before. The OPT sound very good
I knew the OPT for El84 PP amps isn't expensive but I wanna DIY all parts, modify the above design as well

PSU: propose DIY, OPT: DIY.

So you want to wind your own OPT's? Winding your own OPT's is quite involved! I would not reccomend it for someone just staring out. You may find yourself wishing you had bought them instead!
The OPT is one of the most important parts of any tube amp! You need to get that right! Very difficult for a beginner.

As far as winding/re-winding your power transformer :no: :att'n: :hot:
Don't do it!

Cheers
Wayne :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.