Wurlitzer amplifier needs help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th May 2006, 11:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Wurlitzer amplifier needs help

I will try to include a poorly drawn schematic for your suggestions.
This is a 6l6GC PP amplifier with a 6SN7 for input and driver tube.
This is a 1940's vintage animal and is missing the field coil so I don't really know what voltage to run it at.

The output transformer measures 375 ohms across the plate winding out of circuit.

Any suggestions?
Old 9th May 2006, 11:51 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Maybe this will work.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf wurlitzer3.pdf (11.0 KB, 263 views)
Old 10th May 2006, 12:00 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Final one
Attached Files
File Type: pdf wurlitzer4.pdf (11.1 KB, 206 views)
Old 10th May 2006, 04:50 AM   #4
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

What model is the Jukebox? Does the amp itself have a model/serial plate on it? if so, what model is the amplifier itself?
Old 10th May 2006, 12:03 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Please excuse me for not being clear. Its a organ amplifier and I believe the model number is 6420.

I am needing the correct B+ voltages to run the 6sn7 on and the correct 6l6gc plate and screen voltages in order to obtain maximum output. Right now the maximum I can get from it is about 22 watts into a 8 ohm load.

With a spare transformer sitting on the bench un terminated from the chassis I tried to figure the turns ratio and input impedance of the output transformer. I input a 400HZ signal at 10 volts into the transformer and loaded the output with a 150 ohm resistor.
(all I had handy)

The black lead from the transformer is terminated to the 2.2K feedback resistor so I'm going to guess its 16 ohm?

The yellow lead goes to ground from the transformer. There is a green lead I'm guessing is 8 ohm?

Voltage readings were .339 across the 150 ohm resistor (yellow to black. Yellow to green across the 150 ohm resistor was .471

Still haven't figured out what I have.

Any help would be appreciated.

The schematic is as wired so any suggestions for modifications would be appreeciated.

Thanks
Old 10th May 2006, 12:23 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

If you want to see what the amplifier looks like there is an ebay auction # 6629018297 that someone has listed that shows a 6420 amplifier. The picture shows two amplifiers. The tube compliment is 5U4, (2)6L6GC, 6SN7
Old 10th May 2006, 12:52 PM   #7
Trout is offline Trout  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by burnedfingers
If you want to see what the amplifier looks like there is an ebay auction # 6629018297 that someone has listed that shows a 6420 amplifier. The picture shows two amplifiers. The tube compliment is 5U4, (2)6L6GC, 6SN7

Ohhh its a leslie unit by wurlitzer.
I have gutted about 12 wurlies here as the factory was 10 miles from where I now live.

If memory serves, Every unit I have salvaged was 22W output. That leslie unit is pretty nice on ebay, A lott of them contain 2 power amps!
Trout
Old 10th May 2006, 12:57 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Don't happen to have a factory schematic do you?
Old 10th May 2006, 01:08 PM   #9
Trout is offline Trout  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by burnedfingers
Don't happen to have a factory schematic do you?

Nope, Sorry, those are nearly impossible to find. The Leslie units often had them stapeled inside the cabinet, Both of the ones I got had already been removed
Trout
Old 10th May 2006, 10:28 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Both of the ones I got had already been removed
Do you still have them? If so could I twist your arm to tell me the plate voltages on the 6L6 and 6SN7?

Hide this!Advertise here!