• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hybrid amp schema?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
2x50v DC isn´t it a little to high for class A at 30w?Just thinking.:rolleyes:

If I where to try this one with regular transistors,e.x MJE 21193/94 or
MJ15003/04 are there any changes needed to be made?:)

Attachments

• hybrid_schem.jpg
    hybrid_schem.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,121
this is what i did.... it still needs a bit of refineing and could probably do with haveing another SS stage added makeing it into a tripple darlington but it is all explained HERE I suggest you have a good read of that.. this is the circuit as it stands now and it is working on the bench, i have yet to refine it and build a final version as i got distracted by a chipamp... but it is a good start...

Attachments

• hybrid3.jpg
    hybrid3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 872
forgot to say.. the tube section isnt in any of those schematics but it is basically the same the tube section HERE think there are a few slight differences but i cant be sure untill i am home and can look up the schematics i used... either way that tube front end should work fine as i am pretty sure it is basically the same as what i use, if not identicall.....
Owen

DoomPixie said:
this is what i did.... it still needs a bit of refineing and could probably do with haveing another SS stage added makeing it into a tripple darlington but it is all explained HERE I suggest you have a good read of that.. this is the circuit as it stands now and it is working on the bench, i have yet to refine it and build a final version as i got distracted by a chipamp... but it is a good start...

Try using compound pairs instead of darlingtons, because they have better linearity.

i may well try what you suggested, i still have quite a few things to try with this amp, i just felt i should post the schematic because it is what the person was asking for and it has been built and tested by me and i know it works.. also am tempted to tre the CSS version of this amp..
Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.