• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube preamp with: 1V in and 15Vout???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! Thanks for everybody!

For a number closer to 15 you could try a SRPP stage with the ECC88. SRPP gives gain = 1/2 mu (mu is about 34 for the ECC88)

The most important that the preamp could work with high input V, because mostly I use CDplayer which has more than 2V output.

But probably Tyimo already has some ECC88, that's why he asks for something with this tube ?!?!

Yes, but I have some ECC82 and ECC83 and ECL82 tubes too.

Greets:

Tyimo

Tyimo said:
Hi dsavitsk!

Could you tell me a bit more about your 2nd preamp with one triode? The values of the parts? How do you like the sound?

It is still in the design stage, so I don't know how it sounds. I am hoping to get a board made soon. I haven't worked out all the parts to use yet, either, but the resistors in the CCS can be read from the Bottlehead manual, the input cap is dependent upon the resistor to ground right after it C = 1/(2*pi*F*R), the grid stopper is probably 1K, the plate stopper can probably be safely jumpered, but if not, something small, the bias resistor depends upon the operating point and the CCS current, which I haven't decided on, and the cathode bypass cap is probably 470uF as that seems to work usually, though smaller is probably fine too. Oh, and the ouput cap is probably going to be 4.7uF cause I have some 4.7uF caps I want to use.

Remus preamp

Thanks dsavitsk!

I found another interesting preamp the Remus.
Has somebody any info about it's specs??

Tyimo

Attachments

• remus-preamp.jpg
    remus-preamp.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 229
the Remus

A traditional schematic - people around here (including myself) don't like the ECC82 that much - too much distortion. Gain is probably around 20, the output impedance is low. The output capacitor is pretty big - don't know if you need that. I would put a 1M resistor between the first grid and ground, otherwise the tube 'goes mad' if the contact from the pot fails. I would also install some grid stoppers.

But, a general advise... start to prototype a bit with the tubes and components you have. Everyone can post lots of schematics here, but that won't help if you don't start to test and compare them.

Thanks ErikdeBest!

But, a general advise... start to prototype a bit with the tubes and components you have. Everyone can post lots of schematics here, but that won't help if you don't start to test and compare them.

Yes, it is true. Now I am looking for the first step where to begin.;)

Should I ask some more?

What about this schematic?

Thanks

Tyimo

Attachments

• ef86 preamp.jpg
    ef86 preamp.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 146
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.