• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Svetlanas site down?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Just checked it out tonight, pretty slick.. I always liked their 6550C, 6L6GC, and EL34. Can't say the same for their 300B though, didn't sound all that great and of 12 I purchased 8 have failed. (Usually filament to grid short due to saging filament and poor tolerances when originally built. Types I, II and III) I no longer use their 300B or recommend them.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Winged C a.k.a Svetlana tubes to the rest of the world outside of North America are distributed in the USA and Canada by PM Components Group.

Antique Electronic Supply, Triode Electronics and others stock the Winged C brand tubes.

IMHO if you want a 6550 this would be my first choice, their 6550C is quite rugged and has proven reliable in a variety of amplifiers I have built commercially.

The Svetlana/SED branded tubes currently sold in the USA and Canada are produced in a Russian plant now owned by New Sensor. (The former Reflektor plant if memory serves me.) Mike Matthews purchased the right to use this brand name when the US based joint venture company SED went into bankruptcy some years back.

New Sensor makes and sells good tubes, and stands behind what they sell. I've never had a problem with any of the hundreds of tubes I purchased from them.

Trout said:
I Get a Page that says
" THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE A SERVICE FOR
VISITORS FROM THE USA & CANADA "

http://www.svetlana-tubes.com/america.htm
Glad i did a search and did not start a new topic
on this strange message:
" THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE A SERVICE FOR
VISITORS FROM THE USA & CANADA "

Anyway
though not being from over there (other side of Atlantic Ocean)
I couldnt get into Svetlana site
to get some information about 6N1P which are available here.
I might buy me some for making some tube preamplifier newbies experimenting.
I think Svetlana 6N1P is a pretty good tube?

===============

If anybody does get into trouble when visiting Svetlana site www.svetlana-tubes.com
Try this page instead ( nice russian website! )

http://www.svetlana-tubes.com/svetlana.htm

;)

DragonMaster said:
Yup, you can always enter by clicking on "rest of the world". If you get directly to the page telling that the site isn't available to US and Canada, just remove americas.htm.
now as i cant 'just click'
i imagine it is only my firefox 'window popup blocker' that is doing its great job!

i wouldnt change this browser setting
but i am sure you are right DragonMaster (even if Iwill not test)
;)
so for those with setup like mine
use
http://www.svetlana-tubes.com/svetlana.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.