• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help with bogen CH8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I'm rebuilding this old amp for a friend. I'm working on getting a schematic, but in the mean time I'm replacing all the caps and will begin testing all resistors.
I have a few parts I need help identifying. The first is certainly a ceramic power resistor, but I don't know how to read it's markings. The second is, well, the picture speaks for it's self.
The only other parts I'm not sure of are two large resistors but I don't know how to judge the power rating by thier size. One is about 1.25" x 1/4" and the other is 1.5" x 5/16". The first one is pictured.
It's bands are Yel,Vil,Orn (I think)
The other is Red,Vil,Brn (I think) But it reads 450 ohms.
As far as the bulk of the resistors, is 1/2w adequate for replacement of the smaller carbon ones?
Yes indeed, a schematic would be nice.
Thanks!

Attachments

• img_0773_editedm.jpg
    img_0773_editedm.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 96
tomtt, thanks for the link. So if I'm reading it right it's a 500pf cap? The values of the resistors I can figure in my head, the colors are just really worn.
My question was towards the power rating of the resistors based on thier size. Any ideas? Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.