Hickok Cardmatic tube tester cards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
as far as I know (still getting up to cardmatic speed myself) cards for the 123's, 1234's, and usm-118B's are interchangeable with the KS15874. I have a growing accumulation of cards, but so far I'm missing the calibration card set (for the zener cell) for my 118B. Have you had any luck finding any cards? Or, if you have the test conditions manual that includes the Western Electrics, we can maybe do a swap of info. Like provide scans of cards to use for punching blanks of what's missing. Drop me an email if interested.
nhbob

yep, been there, doing that; but at $5 each card, that link doesn't register as particularly cheap, especially since they're 123 cards, and my 118B often does in 1 card what the 123's need 2 cards to do, and the calibration cards are not the same from what I read. I'm even buying 123's on ebay just to get the cards, pick out what I want, and then resell. Not very efficient but it is a way to build up the 2500 card deck way cheaper than at 5 buck a pop, until until another 118 comes up with a full set. Still hoping to find someone here with an 118B that will send me a xerox of his calibration cards so I can DIY. But thanks, trout, for the suggestion.

nhbob said:
yep, been there, doing that; but at $5 each card, that link doesn't register as particularly cheap, especially since they're 123 cards, and my 118B often does in 1 card what the 123's need 2 cards to do, and the calibration cards are not the same from what I read. I'm even buying 123's on ebay just to get the cards, pick out what I want, and then resell. Not very efficient but it is a way to build up the 2500 card deck way cheaper than at 5 buck a pop, until until another 118 comes up with a full set. Still hoping to find someone here with an 118B that will send me a xerox of his calibration cards so I can DIY. But thanks, trout, for the suggestion.

OOOPS,, I missed the fine print,, $5.00 each?? Your right, thats not cheap. I guess I should have read the listing closer .

Trout

Hickok 118B

Hi:
Just stumbled on to this forum.
I have or am about to sell a 118B that was just calibrated and in excellent shape but after reading some posts on the web I might keep it.

I also have a cardomatic with at least 3500 cards-maybe more.
I don't want to get into what I have. there must be at least one complete set and half of another.

There is also a 123 set of calibration cards and also 118B calibration cards with the zener cards.
No cell though.
there are probably two other complete or close to complete sets of calibration cards for the 118b.
I was going to put both up at once in a package deal on ebay. One person wants to buy the cardomatic and the tester for $1300.
The 118B is in excellent shape and just calibrated in december.
Do you people think this is a good deal or is it worth more.
someone told me a complete set of cards is worth a lot of money but didn't say how much.
Any help from someone would be appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.