• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hashimoto SE Output Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi dr._sleep,

Just wondering if you ever decided on the Hashimoto OPT's? I replaced my Hammond 1627's with the H-20-3.5U's a few weeks ago and have been very pleasantly surprised with the difference in the sound. Highs are more extended, mids seem more, I don’t know, perhaps more liquid and the bass region is tighter. The Hammonds seemed to have a bit more slam in the bass regions, but IMO music through the Hashimoto’s sounds much improved. I don’t know if I can explain this correctly, but during one song by the group Foreplay, I can hear the piano notes resonate for what seems like seconds longer than with the Hammonds.

Other than chasing a hum tied to using unshielded wire on my signal line and a few unsightly holes in my chassis due to the smaller size of the Hashimoto, the swap went real smooth.

Regards,
Danny

Which type of your capacitors?
Especially the audio signal .22uF?

I just picked up a pair of Auricaps from Euphonia for ~11/piece. Some other folks like using a small PIO or Blackgate here also. A search on 'Auricap' and/or 'coupling' will get you good results.

I'm using the Walton MKII schematic which is a revised power supply variant of the JELabs.

Sorry, I only have experience with the JELabs schematic.

Danny!

If I'd like to build the JE LABS 300B SE, and I'd like to use the Hashimoto H-20-3.5U (instead of A.N.3K on the schematic), can I change any original parameters? (resistors, voltage, capacity)

Which primary are you using of Hashimoto? 2.5K or 3.5K?

Thx,
Cartman

Attachments

• je_labs_300b_schematic.gif
    je_labs_300b_schematic.gif
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,746
Stick to the original circuit, the parts are faily accurately calculated, its based on the williamson amplifier driver stages.

Its a bit thick sounding due to all that 2nd harmonic, but is one of the better 300b driver stages.

300b's are notorioiusly sensitive to their drivers, it can make or break them.

Best is pentode or cascading circuits, avoid others I have tried them all.

srpp is kak, ok to get it going, tho', nice and simple, mu is a bit better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.