Hashimoto SE Output Transformer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th April 2006, 05:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Hashimoto Se Output Transformer

Has anyone had experience using these HASHIMOTO SE OUTPUT TRANSFORMER H-203S output transformers?
Click the image to open in full size.
Very nice looking and quite affordable.
More information can be seen here:
http://www.obsinc-products.com/servl...-+Single+Ended

Any feedback is appreciated.

dr._sleep
Old 12th April 2006, 08:39 PM   #2
Rocky is offline Rocky  Norway
diyAudio Member

I hope you didn't got tricked by the fact they are priced per piece not per pair.. Looks good though, and $500 plus shipping from Japan isn't all that bad either.. But in that price range it still has to compeat with AE, Tribute, Tango...
Old 13th April 2006, 01:48 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi,
No experience yet, but I just picked up a pair of Hasimoto H-20-3.5U's while in Tokyo last week. Still jet lagging , but plan on putting these trannies in my mono blocks as soon as I feel up ot it

Regards,
Danny
Old 13th April 2006, 05:02 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks, I was looking at the 203S, 7 watts, for an EL34 SE amp.
They are $165 each and the company that distributes them is in the US. $165 beats Sowter, Electroprint, etc.

I may have to take a chance on them.

dr._sleep
Old 10th May 2006, 02:09 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi dr._sleep,

Just wondering if you ever decided on the Hashimoto OPT's? I replaced my Hammond 1627's with the H-20-3.5U's a few weeks ago and have been very pleasantly surprised with the difference in the sound. Highs are more extended, mids seem more, I don’t know, perhaps more liquid and the bass region is tighter. The Hammonds seemed to have a bit more slam in the bass regions, but IMO music through the Hashimoto’s sounds much improved. I don’t know if I can explain this correctly, but during one song by the group Foreplay, I can hear the piano notes resonate for what seems like seconds longer than with the Hammonds.

Other than chasing a hum tied to using unshielded wire on my signal line and a few unsightly holes in my chassis due to the smaller size of the Hashimoto, the swap went real smooth.

Regards,
Danny
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:18 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to cartman
Hi Danny!

What is your amp details?

300B SE?

thx,
cartman
Old 23rd May 2006, 03:50 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi cartman,

I built the JELabs 300b circuit using Hammond 1627 transformers. I then swapped out the OPTs with Hashimotos and am really enjoying the tunes.

Take a look and my poor excuse of a web site for some photos. Sorry, but I have not uploaded any photos of the new iron.

dg
Old 24th May 2006, 04:31 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hi cartman,

I uploaded a few pictures of the Hashimoto H-20-3.5U transformers installed in my monoblocks for you viewing. Take a look at my site and drill into upgrades under jelabs300b monoblocks.

Thanks,
Danny
Old 24th May 2006, 05:09 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Thx Danny,

GREAT!!!
Old 24th May 2006, 05:18 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Which type of your capacitors?
Especially the audio signal .22uF?

What do you thik the Audio Note 300B schematic?

(I'm looking for the "best" schematic...)

Hide this!Advertise here!