• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Standard tube filament voltages and currents

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a sort of universal tube filament power supply. It will have a constant current and a constant voltage mode, for series and parallel filament supply, value selecvtable by a multipole rotary switch.
Now, I have already selected the constant current ranges, for most of the standard series strings:
100, 150, 300, 450 and 600mA.
The standard voltages present more of a problem. What would be the more common standard filament voltages, apart from the usual suspects, these being 1.4V/1.5V, 2.8/3V, 5V, 6.3V and 12V?
I have looked at various tube tester manuals for this, but the higher voltage ranges are usually geared towards tubes intendedfor series filament connections, which I have already covered with constant current mode operation.
Anyone care to post some additions to either the current or voltage list?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
One suggestion: Redefine the project to be a lab power supply with adjustable output voltage. Have a mode on this power supply that turns it into a current source with a variable output current. Something like 0~30 V, 0~5 A should cover quite a bit of ground, I'd think. Add a couple panel meters showing voltage and current and you'd have yourself quite a lab supply.

I seem to recall seeing tubes with 25.2 V filaments...

~Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.