diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Emperors new clothes and the sound of tubes (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/7692-emperors-new-clothes-sound-tubes.html)

Peter Daniel 15th November 2002 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Joel

I just don't hear it.:hphones:

And I don't understand what is your point.;)

This is a part of DIY Tube Preamp thread, yet starting with my not too tactful remark, it drifted considerably from the initial subject. So complying with dhaen's request I pruned the original thread. I would also like to add that I fully accept and respect Joel's point of view and apologize for any confusion my statement might have brought. I'm wearing only half of moderator hat here.;)

Joel 15th November 2002 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peter Daniel
And I don't understand what is your point.
Huh?:confused:

Peter Daniel 15th November 2002 03:37 PM

You said that everybody is entitled to have different opinion, yet I can sense you are forcing your opinion on us. I don't understand why. And why are you so proud of the fact that you don't hear the difference? I'd rather keep it to myself, because from what I noticed, majority of the more experienced forum members can hear the difference.;)

fdegrove 15th November 2002 03:39 PM

WOOOOAHHHH

Quote:

And I don't understand what is your point.
Peter,please stop it!
I'm still on the floor laughing!!!:wchair:

No offense,Joel.It's just such perfect timing.:cool:

Joel 15th November 2002 03:42 PM

Peter,

Please read exactly what I said:

Quote:

Originally posted by Joel
If you think this makes an audible difference, you should do it.
I don't see how this is "forcing my opinion" on anyone?

dhaen 15th November 2002 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peter Daniel
I'd rather keep it to myself, because from what I noticed, majority of the more experienced forum members can hear the difference.;)
Careful Peter, remember The Emporors New Clothes

Cheers,

Peter Daniel 15th November 2002 03:50 PM

Forcing opinion

It's not about that, because most of us already tried and know the outcome.

I've just read the last page and it seems like you are in competition whose advice is better, yours or Brett's.
I don't think it should carry on like that. Both of you should say what you think is appropriate from your point of view and the person who started the thread should decide for himself what to choose. When in doubt he will ask for more info. I'm partially acting as a moderator here, so please cool down a bit.

I can see a lot of useful info in this thread so please don't let it fall apart. I might be building tube preamp myself.;)

Joel 15th November 2002 03:56 PM

Peter,

I did not call Brett a fool. He called me one. Go back and read my posts. I also did not criticise anyone else's design. Whereas he called mine "idiocy".
Maybe that type of post is what needs moderating, not me saying I don't hear a difference between caps.

Peter Daniel 15th November 2002 04:00 PM

One reason he used such strong expressions might be your attitude toward the whole subject. But I cannot be a judge here.
I agree that apology from him would be nice at that point and I hope we could continue in more acceptable fashion.:nod:

dhaen 15th November 2002 09:34 PM

Oh dear

Seems like the forum policy has been dictated:

"Cathode followers are no good"
So no further discussion is welcome.

Also from another moderator:

If you can't hear the difference,
"You should rather keep it to yourself"

Seems like there's no point in debate when people are shut up like that in public.

I was about to start a new thread on distortion and Fourier. Perhaps it would be a mistake without checking the "party line " first.