6111 output for CD player - opinions - some help? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th March 2006, 03:00 PM   #1
velicko is offline velicko  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Default 6111 output for CD player - opinions - some help?

I am at the middle of the project modifying my Philips CD 622 (with a help of my electronically experienced friends… )

I have added analog output build according to attached schematics (thanks to wa2ise http://pw2.netcom.com/~wa2ise/radios/tubedac.htm ).

I took outputs from SAA7341 DA from pins 43 and 60 after the 46uF capacitors.

Well, the tube 6111 sounds wonderful. I like it better than old preamp I sometimes use built with E88CC… except…

(there is of course a slight problem)

Low mids and bass is just slightly less amplified than it should be and bass definitely needs better definition. (compared to other equipment I currently have, and comparing to what I had before this upgrade).

I haven’t yet connected line output to internal headphones amplifier. I could use any help on this subject if someone is willing to advice me (I should add resistors somewhere and bring signal to input of internal headphone amp?)…

So, after finishing headphone out, I could double check the sound with my Sennheiser headphones and to definitely decide the sound quality. The rest of my equipment is not precise enough as Sennheiser HD595.

Nevertheless, I just love this new sound of this tiny 6111
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6111 tube out.jpg (53.4 KB, 549 views)
Old 17th March 2006, 03:04 PM   #2
Giaime is offline Giaime  Italy
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Giaime
I think you should up the value of the output capacitor (the one connected to the tube's cathode). A value of at least 1uF should be employed. I personally use 2.2uF there on my ECC88 preamp.
Old 17th March 2006, 09:13 PM   #3
velicko is offline velicko  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Giaime
I think you should up the value of the output capacitor (the one connected to the tube's cathode). A value of at least 1uF should be employed. I personally use 2.2uF there on my ECC88 preamp.

I'll experiment during the weekend...

Thanks.
Old 1st February 2008, 06:30 PM   #4
tim845 is offline tim845  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Default Making a 6111 preamp

hi folks

I want to make a 6111 based Gnd Cathode line amp., I did simulation and found the following info:

B+ : 200V

bias: 7ma at self bias

plate resistor: 12K

cathode resistor: 620 ohms

any suggestion

Thanks

Tim

Hide this!Advertise here!