• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6111 output for CD player - opinions - some help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am at the middle of the project modifying my Philips CD 622 (with a help of my electronically experienced friends… )

I have added analog output build according to attached schematics (thanks to wa2ise http://pw2.netcom.com/~wa2ise/radios/tubedac.htm ).

I took outputs from SAA7341 DA from pins 43 and 60 after the 46uF capacitors.

Well, the tube 6111 sounds wonderful. I like it better than old preamp I sometimes use built with E88CC… except…

(there is of course a slight problem)

Low mids and bass is just slightly less amplified than it should be and bass definitely needs better definition. (compared to other equipment I currently have, and comparing to what I had before this upgrade).

I haven’t yet connected line output to internal headphones amplifier. I could use any help on this subject if someone is willing to advice me (I should add resistors somewhere and bring signal to input of internal headphone amp?)…

So, after finishing headphone out, I could double check the sound with my Sennheiser headphones and to definitely decide the sound quality. The rest of my equipment is not precise enough as Sennheiser HD595.

Nevertheless, I just love this new sound of this tiny 6111 :)

Attachments

• 6111 tube out.jpg
    6111 tube out.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 690
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.