I wanna DIY a PP 6550 Guitar Setup - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th March 2006, 11:23 PM   #11
Trout is offline Trout  United States
diyAudio Member

The whole trick in this is I am going to want 4-5 sets.
One of the reasons is a sort of fun thing. The setup requirement is basically Amps on left and right of drummer. He want a good split on the Stereo chorus effect as well as some panning and the ability to be heard by the second guitar stage left without relying on monitors.

The second pair of amps are basically back-ups and for use in the practice studio.

These guys are notoriously loud! Ever since he adopted/stole/hijacked one of my bandmaster/cloned/modded things he refuses to buy another branded amp lol
Trout

I guess thats what big brothers are for lol
Old 14th March 2006, 04:44 PM   #12
Trout is offline Trout  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey,
Here's the current build I plan to convert over to 6550's, As shown in pictures, I have plenty of room for bigger transformers,

Top View

Bottom View

This particular amp sounds great though I was never able to incorporate the feedback from the speaker output. But Hey, even without it, It sounds fantastic. No hum or noises in human hearing range, No overheating even after a 3 hour dimed practice session.

I am considering switching to turret board construction and some minor relocating of things But right now,I Am Scared* LOL, These fit my head cabinets great, Sound great, and are not overly expensive to build.
Trout

* I dont need to build another tone generator lol

Hide this!Advertise here!